Acceptance testing is comprised of Factory Acceptance and Field Acceptance test phases. This type of testing ensures that a system behaves correctly and involves testing the software itself from an end user's perspective.
Acceptance testing is comprised of Factory Acceptance and Field Acceptance test phases. This type of testing ensures that a system behaves correctly. It involves testing the software itself from an end user’s perspective. Acceptance testing is ongoing and may include:
- Checking release versions of external software implementations such as webdrivers
- Ensuring that newly-incorporated or updated code works
- Diagnosing and correcting defects
At QiTASC, we have seen just how powerful acceptance testing is ourselves: We use intaQt for our own acceptance tests and consider it a critical part of QA for software development.
intaQt includes an extensive collection of built-in steps and allows parallel execution. This creates a powerful, efficient and reliable acceptance test environment. intaQt features that optimize acceptance testing (and that we use when testing intaQt ourselves) include:
- Parallel execution capabilities: Parallelizing executions using multiple intaQt profiles on a single PC means that acceptance tests can be completed in shorter and shorter times. This helps intaQt users to meet tight deadlines between releases while ensuring high-quality products.
- intaQt Telephony Steps: Whether placing a call, sending an SMS or downloading data, intaQt supports you in creating test cases that reflect real-life behaviours in live networks.
- intaQt’s Built-ins provide out-of-the-box functionality for checking that your software is communicating correctly with different protocols and interfaces, and that file output is in the correct format or structure.
- Choice of devices: Use virtual phones or real phones as you integrate components into your test environment.
intaQt Client is used to execute entire intaQt test projects from the command line, and can be integrated into continuous integration (CI) environments like Jenkins and TeamCity. intaQt’s parallel execution functionality enables running and re-running acceptance test suites between very short development cycles.
intaQt Client also provides configurable features that allow users to:
- Specify how often to retry failed tests.
- Pass parameters to specify ports, configurations or hosts for different projects.
- Upload local project changes to the server before execution.
- Create XML configuration files to create complex test suites with tags.
QiTASC’s integrated development environment provides features that improve your productivity and the quality of your tests:
- Auto-completion, go-to declarations and rename refactoring help you write, find and edit your tests with ease.
- the intaQt Phone Plug-in, which shows a project’s phones in real time and enables interacting with remote phones from within intaQt Studio.
- Error inspections, line markers and notifications help you identify problems with your code as you write it.
- Create templates, in-code documentation, and more!
QiTASC Product Add-ons
Instantly verify acceptance test output as an additional quality check. intaQt Verification may be executed online, as an intaQt test case is being executed, or offline, for example, if data are only collected at the end of each day. In both cases, the following functionality is included with intaQt Verification:
- Selectors - These tell intaQt Verification which records to choose. For example, if only voice call tickets should be used.
- Verification Rules - Rules define the type of “checks” that will be performed against the selected records. For example, checking the difference between two properties like amounts of data used, or the difference in a customer’s account balance.
- Special functions for calculating properties and values such as dates, times and numbers within a test case.
ConQlude Reporting Service
Collect, manage and export intaQt test case project data manage defects, which can be accessed by all members of your project’s team. conQlude automatically uploads all test reports, logs, media attachments and metadata to a centrally-accessible, secure web interface. conQlude provides approval workflow features and can be integrated into most test management systems and defect tracking systems. Our reporting interface ensures that users can remain confident that all test execution details are 100% correct, up-to-date and conform to formats recognized by external project management systems.
Do you run acceptance tests and want to find a way to improve their quality, accuracy and efficiency? Get in touch and we’ll discuss how QiTASC can support your test projects!